Want to get started using Smilo? This page will give you the basic information you need.
1. Use an application built on Smilo
The best way to get started with Smilo is to jump right in! There are many Smilo-based applications that you can use today.
Here are just a few apps built on Smilo - we rotate this list frequently!
- 20Face Play Market, Manage your decentralized identity with this application - Google Play
- 20Face IOS, Manage your decentralized identity with this application - Apple IOS
Some of these applications might require a wallet - see the section below for more information.
Interested in looking at more applications built on Smilo or Ethereum?
- Built on Ethereum Updated often - EthHub
- 40 Ethereum Apps You Can Use Right Now Aug 15, 2018 - ConsenSys
- Ethereum Dapps Updated often - State of the Dapps
- Ethereum DeFi Ecosystem Updated often - Defiprime
- DeFi Pulse Analytics + rankings of DeFi protocols - Defi Pulse
2. What is XSM, and how do I get it?
XSM is Smilo's native currency. It is "digital money" that can be sent over the internet instantly and cheaply, and also be used in many Smilo-based applications like the ones above.
The easiest way to get XSM is to buy some. There are many cryptocurrency exchanges that will allow you to buy XSM, but the one you should use will depend on where you live and how you want to pay.
3. What is a wallet, and which one should I use?
Wallets are applications that make it easy to hold and send XSM, as well as interact with applications built on Smilo.
Want to install a wallet?
- MetaMask browser extension for Chrome, Brave, Firefox and Opera
Want to learn more about Smilo wallets?
- Intro to Smilo Wallets Updated often - EthHub
- Absolute Beginner Introduction to Smilo: The Full Download July 23, 2019 - MyEtherWallet
- Best Smilo Wallets 2019: Hardware vs. Software vs. Paper Dec 15, 2018 - Blockonomi
Want to learn more about securely storing funds and managing private keys?